It may sound ridiculous but the answer is yes! Which? Magazine was reported in the press to have found that many inkjet and toner cartridges would have been up to seven times cheaper if filled with vintage Dom Perignon champagne.
Not unsurprisingly the magazine recommended readers find compatible alternatives.
- "Ink for printers is 7 times the cost of vintage champagne, and many cartridges say
they are empty long before they are".
Daily Telegraph 3rd July 2003
- "Typical replacement cartridges cost about £1.70 per millilitre compared with Vintage
Dom Perignon at £0.23 per millilitre".
Evening Standard 3rd July 2003
- "Consumer watchdogs single out Epson printers for most criticism".
Daily Mail 3rd July 2003
- "We've long attacked printer manufacturers for ripping off customers, but hopefully this
alarming comparison will give customers good enough reason to fight back".
Daily Mirror 11th July 2003
- "Customers get a raw deal when it comes to ink used in printers... It recommends
people buy generic cartridges which are often half the price of branded products".
BBC News 3rd July 2003
Inkjets and Toners, a division of Bentham Ltd., is dedicated to providing top quality printer
consumables that offer value for money that can help companies and education bodies slash
their printing costs by up to 75%.